I’ve previously talked about the challenges of finding an energy source for industries needing a source of concentrated energy such as aviation or even space flight. In my discussion I highlighted the challenges which batteries and hydrogen have with energy density and even suggested Ammonia as a possible alternative. There is one tantalising prospect which I haven’t yet addressed… synthetic…read full article
Last December the European Commission presented the European Green Deal, a plan which is at the core of the strategy to become a carbon neutral region by 2050. This ambitious plan requires significant…read full article
How will energy look in 2030? My 10 predictions for the next 10 years!
Predictions are fun aren’t they? Deep down you know even your boldest shot will be wrong - but that doesn't stop us…read full article
The EU ceramics industry is a world leader in producing value added, uniquely designed, high quality ceramic products manufactured by flexible and innovative companies, the majority of which are SMEs.…read full article
EUROPEAN ALUMINIUM provides a set of recommendations for a sustainable industrial recovery plan
The aluminium industry has traditionally been considered strategic in Europe, however, 2019 data…read full article
The European Cement Association, CEMBUREAU, the representative organisation of the cement industry in Europe and spokesperson for the cement industry before the EU institutions and other public…read full article
Fossil fuel combustion to meet heating needs accounts for 35% of cement’s CO2 emissions. The remaining 65% are due to direct process emissions, which must also be addressed.
The…read full article
Since 1900 only three events had a greater impact on global energy demand than COVID-19: The Spanish flu, the Great Depression and World War II. So now COVID-19. Can we already predict the near and/or…read full article