Team Lead EU Project Office
You have EU project experience and you are looking for a new challenge in an open, flexible and entrepreneurial work environment?
Then this position as a Team Lead of our EU Project Office might be perfect for you.
TEAM LEADER EU PROJECT MANAGEMENT
WHO WE ARE
EEIP is a neutral, open and global business and policy platform for the energy transition. Founded in 2011, we are serving a 150.000 user network through our multi-channel platform. We are providing information through our 50+ EEIP Writer network and engaging with key stakeholders from business, finance, IT, academia and policy through various initiatives and EU funded projects. To finance our operations, we are running B2B platform services and an EU project office.
Engaged in continuing start-up creative mode, we enjoy an open, flexible and entrepreneurial work environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a team leader for our EU project office. Your main responsibilities would be
- Manage a team of 2-3 EU project managers
- Lead of 2-3 running EU projects: Representing, managing and coordinating EEIP activities as a consortium partner; planning, execution and reporting on communication and dissemination activities
- Identification of new Horizon Europe calls, consortium building and proposal writing
- Resource planning and financial management of the project office, supported by EEIP business director
ABOUT THE PROJECTS
We are currently part of initiatives and projects in the following areas covering all aspects of the energy transition
- energy efficiency finance, EU taxonomy, green bonds
- smart cities and mobility
- energy intensive industries
- national schemes (SME, energy agencies)
- renewables and smart grid
- Digitalisation (urban data, digital twins, blockchain/DLT)
- Closely work together with the project office team. Support team members in their tasks, track progress and ensure EEIP always deliver in time and in full against deliverables and milestones.
- Ensure project learnings are captured and shared: identify, implement, and operate tools and processes to do so in a most efficient way.
- Represent the projects on internal and project-partner meetings and external events and conferences (might include travel - again).
- Preparation of deliverables and reports to the project coordinator, to project partners and to the funding bodies.
- Develop communication and dissemination strategies and plans, implement and monitor results.
- Manage, produce and contribute to the production of communication outputs such as visual identity, websites and social media, videos, online and offline materials (templates, leaflets, roll-ups, posters, factsheets, infographics, press releases, publications, articles, reports, etc.).
- Organisation and management of knowledge transfer activities: webinars, workshops, conferences and project-related events.
- Identification of relevant calls for proposals, proactively promoting the participation of EEIP including initiating proposal preparation process, drafting and budgeting.
- Identifying project opportunities outside Horizon Europe program (from Europe to Global).
Resource planning and financial management
- Manage the operational resource planning across all projects and all involved EEIP team members on monthly basis including time-sheet management.
- Prepare and monitor individual project payments.
- Monitor mid-to-long term cash flow and resource requirements.
- At least 3-year relevant working experience in EU funded projects, ideally Horizon 2020 and in the energy-related sector (e.g. industrial side, renewables, policy); team management experience is a plus.
- Experience in communication, dissemination and event organisation and management;
- Understanding of energy and sustainability topics, and knowledge of EU and international climate/energy policies;
- Interest in and experience of social media platforms and analytics;
- A minimum of an academic degree (Bachelor’s or ideally Master’s level);
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English in addition to knowledge of (at least one) other European language(s);
- Strong computer literacy; front-end development skills are a plus;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks, to meet tight deadlines, to work independently and to show initiative;
- Willingness to travel, when required (up to two times per year);
- Possession of the legal right to live and work in Belgium.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Contract status: Open-ended contract, full time (CDI);
- Contract start: 1st September 2021;
- Highly flexible and adaptable working schedule (hours, office, home office);
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to supporting and promoting energy transition;
- The opportunity to meet and work with energy representatives and experts from more than 30 European countries.
Please send your CV and cover letter to marianna.santavenere(at)ee-ip.org and juergen.ritzek(at)ee-ip.org with reference “EEIP EU Project Team Leader” stating why you would apply for this position and how you can contribute to the job. Two rounds of interviews will be held. Applications are open until 20.08.2020. In case of ideal candidate(s), the position can be fulfilled before that date. The first round of online interviews is planned to start in week 32 (wk/c 09.08).
About Jürgen Ritzek
Juergen Ritzek is co-founder and Business Director of EEIP. Juergen is responsible for strategy, marketing and business development of EEIP and drives the growth of EEIP towards an energy transition platform. Juergen leads EEIPs B2B communication and relations and ensures EEIP relevance for value chain challenges (inter-company) and internal decision-making processes (intra-company). Following an international career at Unilever he founded European network consultancy GBC (2009) and EEIP (2011).