PROJECT MANAGER - EU PROJECT OFFICE
EEIP is a neutral, open and global business and policy platform for the energy transition. Founded in 2011, we are serving a 150.000 user network through our multi-channel platform. We are looking for a project manager for our EU Project Office. Your main responsibilities would be to manage a portfolio of 2-3 existing EU projects. The position is based at our office in Brussels, but with flexible and adaptable working schedule. Two rounds of interviews will be held until 15.05.2023. In case of ideal candidate(s), the position can be fulfilled before that date
The first round of online interviews is planned to start in week 20 (from 15.5.23). Please send your CV and cover letter to Claire.Chretien@ee-ip.org with reference EEIP EU Project Manager stating why you would apply for this position.
Open full article
PROJECT MANAGER - EU PROJECT OFFICE
WHO WE ARE
EEIP is a neutral, open and global business and policy platform for the energy transition. Founded in 2011, we are serving a 150.000 user network through our multi-channel platform. EEIP is one of the key EU stakeholders, bringing together partners from technology, business, finance, IT, academia and policy makers. In addition, we are providing information through our 50+ EEIP Writer network.
EEIP EU Project Office focuses on communication, exploitation and dissemination as well as replication, business model and finance, value chain and regulation activities for EU-funded projects supporting the energy transition.
Engaged in a continuing start-up business culture, EEIP provides for a creative, flexible and entrepreneurial work environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a project manager for our EU Project Office. Your main responsibilities would be
- Manage a portfolio of 2-3 existing EU projects which includes representing, managing and coordinating EEIP’s activities as a consortium partner (planning, execution and reporting on activities)
- Identification of new Horizon Europe calls, consortium building and proposal writing
- Resource planning and financial management of projects under your responsibility, supported by EEIP PO Team Lead, and Business Director
ABOUT THE PROJECTS
We are currently part of initiatives and projects across various topics covering sectors such as energy intensive industries, SMEs and cities:
- energy efficiency technologies (electrification, heat recovery, energy management)
- Net zero industry, cities and economy, including circular economy, industrial symbiosis
- energy efficiency finance, EU taxonomy, green bonds, procurement
- national schemes (SME, energy agencies)
- renewables and smart grid
- digitalisation (urban data, digital twins, blockchain/DLT)
- Represent the projects on internal, and project-partner meetings and external events and conferences (might include travel).
- Preparation of deliverables and reports to the project coordinator and project partners, as well as to the funding bodies.
- Lead or contribute to non-technical tasks such as business model development, funding and financing strategies, value chain analysis, regulation and standardization analysis and replication strategies
- Develop communication, exploitation and dissemination strategies and plans, implement and monitor results
- Contribute to the production of communication outputs such as visual identity, websites and social media, videos, online and offline materials.
- Organisation and management of knowledge transfer activities: webinars, workshops, conferences and project-related events.
Ensure project learnings are captured and shared: identify, implement, and operate tools and processes to do so in a most efficient way.
Identification of relevant calls for proposals, proactively promoting the participation of EEIP including initiating proposal preparation process, drafting and budgeting.
Resource planning and financial management
Manage the operational resource planning across projects under your responsibility.
- At least 3-year relevant working experience in project management, ideally EU-funded projects in the energy-related sector
- Broad understanding of energy and sustainability topics, and knowledge of EU and international landscape in the sector;
- Business experience related to business modelling and financing
- Experience in communication and event organisation;
- A minimum of an academic degree (Bachelor’s or ideally Master’s level);
- Good drafting skills in English, in addition to knowledge of (at least one) other European language(s);
- Strong computer literacy; front-end development skills are a plus, as well as interest in and experience of social media platforms and analytics;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks, to meet tight deadlines, to work independently and to show initiative.
- Willingness to travel, when required (up to six times per year);
- Possession of the legal right to live and work in Belgium.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Contract status: Open-ended contract, full time (CDI);
- Contract start: 1st June 2023
- The position is based at our office in Brussels, but with flexible and adaptable working schedule (hours, office, home office);
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to supporting and promoting energy transition;
- The opportunity to meet and work with energy representatives and experts from more than 30 European countries.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Claire.Chretien(at)ee-ip.org with reference “EEIP EU Project Manager” stating why you would apply for this position and how you can contribute to the job. Two rounds of interviews will be held. Applications are open until 15.05.2023. In case of ideal candidate(s), the position can be fulfilled before that date. The first round of online interviews is planned to start in week 20 (from 15.05).